Ya ha..Today is my first day of formal teaching in the Language House. Yes, i am currently teaching at the Language House. The management decided to put me under probation period for 3 weeks to see whether i am competent enough to teach English.
I am very happy with that because at least they are willing to give me a shot to prove myself. Hopefully, within these three weeks, i will be able to put all of my effort and commitment towards my teaching so that i ll get the permanent status working at the language center.
Today was quite hectic for me because i had to teach the students who are at the beginner level. However, not all of the students that are in that class are in the beginner level. Some of them are basically learning how to write the alphabets and pronounce it correctly.
I am very concern with 3 of the students that are in this class. It is because they have to start from zero because this is their first time learning English. To make things much worse, one of the students is having problem with his speech and his ability to listen. Mainly because of his disability (deaf). I am quite shocked having to learn this on my first day of teaching. As a result i have to pay extra attention to his because he 'lips read' every single words that are uttered by me.
I will try to figure out ways that i can do in order to help him to learn better in class. Owhh..by the way, the student's name is Idorenyin. He is from Nigeria.
Well, i guess this is it for tonight. I am off to prepare my lesson plan.
I am out!!

No comments:
Post a Comment